The St. Louis County Animal Care and Control Advisory Board was established on March 10, 2015; however, Ordinance No. 27,563 amended the original ordinance.
611.250 Animal Care and Control Advisory Board Establishment, Duties, Obligations, and Membership.
- There is hereby created an “Animal Care and Control Advisory Board,” which shall advise the Animal Care and Control Program, the County Executive, and the County Council on matters pertaining to: public education on issues related to Animal Care and Control; pet population control strategies; and community outreach and public relations. The Board shall consist of a department director designated by the County Executive and the Director of Animal Care and Control, each ex officio, and not more than nine (9) other members who shall be appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Council. The Board shall contain at least one (1) Missouri licensed veterinarian in good standing, one (1) law enforcement officer, one (1) public health professional, one (1) marketing professional or business leader, one (1) professional educator, one (1) representative from a public sector animal shelter, one (1) individual who volunteers at the Animal Care and Control shelter at least twenty five (25) hours per month, and two (2) members at-large.
- Unless otherwise removed at the pleasure of the County Executive, all Board members shall serve for a term of three (3) years, except that Board members appointed at-large shall serve for a term of two (2) years. All members shall continue to serve until their successors have been appointed unless lawfully removed or the member voluntarily resigns.
- The Board shall annually elect one (1) of its members Chairperson. The Board may annually elect another of its members Vice-Chairperson to serve as the acting chairperson in the event of the Chairperson's absence. The Board shall maintain bylaws and shall update them as necessary.
- The Board shall meet at least quarterly each year, during the months of January, April, July, and October, and may hold such additional meetings from time to time as deemed necessary by the Chairperson or a majority of the Board. At quarterly meetings, the Director of Public Health and/or the Director of Animal Care and Control shall appear before the Board and report on the functions and operations of Animal Care and Control, and shall provide the Board with information and data on intake numbers, adoption numbers, live release rates, euthanasia numbers, and any other information pertinent to Animal Care and Control that the Chairperson may request from them. The time and place of meetings shall be determined by the Chairperson. The meetings shall comply with the notice and meeting provisions of Chapter 610 RSMo, as amended, and Chapter 114 SLCRO, as amended.
- A majority of the Board shall constitute a quorum for transaction of business. The majority of the Board shall be determined by the number of appointed members on the Board at the time of the meeting.
- The meetings shall follow Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition.