Kathy J. Weinman Shelter
The Kathy J. Weinman Shelter is a 39 bed domestic violence program for abused women and their children.
- Offer safe shelter and support services to promote the healing of women and their children suffering the trauma of intimate partner violence.
- Work together with individuals, families and our community to break the cycle of violence
- Provide safety, encouragement, support, and education through an array of comprehensive services.
Services and Programs
The staff provides services for women and children. A safe and confidential living environment staffed 24 hours per day, 365 days per year by well trained, caring individuals.
- Crisis intervention, hotline and referral services
- Comprehensive assessment of needs
- Case management - safety planning, goal setting and educational groups
- Medical, legal, educational, vocational and social service advocacy
- Health evaluations and referrals
- Mental health services. individual, group and family therapy
- Follow up services
Shelter activities empower residents by validating their experiences, exploring options, advocating for safety, building on strengths, avoiding victim blaming, and respecting the right for self determination.
People interested in learning more about Domestic Violence, The Kathy J. Weinman Shelter or, Volunteering at Weinman Shelter may call 314-423-1117 and ask for the Community Service Coordinator.