Sexually Transmitted Diseases
We hope this site has been useful in providing general information about sexually transmitted diseases. Below you will find other sources and links to provide you with more detailed information about STDs:
- www.stlprotectyours.org* - A website designed specifically to improve the health and wellbeing of young people in our St. Louis community. Find non-judgmental, accurate, and reliable sexual and reproductive health information and resources including local testing sites, local stats and photos of local couples.
- www.iwannaknow.org* - A web site designed for adolescents. This site provides basic information about STDs and guides for parents as well.
- www.cdc.gov/std/ - This is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's STD web site. This site gives information about STDs as well as statistics, treatment guidelines, and funding information.
- www.ashastd.org* - This is the American Social Health Association web site. This site provides a health glossary, statistics, and information about various STDs.
Hotlines and Phone Numbers
- CDC National Hotline for STDs: 1-800-227-8922 - The STD Hotline is available 8am-8pm Eastern Standard time.
If you are in need of other information not listed above, please contact the Saint Louis County STD Program at 314-615-8331.
*References to non-CDC sites and telephone numbers listed above are provided as a service to individuals accessing the Saint Louis County website and do not constitute or imply endorsement of these organizations or their programs. The Saint Louis County Public Health Department is not responsible for the content of these sites. URL addresses listed throughout this site were current as of the last update.