About the Project
For the past 20 years, hundreds of Saint Louis County Government employees in dozens of different departments and divisions have taken the lead to provide food, clothing, toys, household items, help with rent and utilities for over 3,400 needy county families during the Holidays.
Each year, county employees are joined by businesses, faith-based groups and private citizens to make this worthwhile effort a success.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) provides the staff support to coordinate the project. A catalog of families and their needs is compiled and maintained by DHS.
County Executive Letter
Adopt A Family Catalog
List of Adopted Families (updated weekly)
How to Adopt A Family
1.The catalog is available on-line and in hard copy. If you need a hard copy, contact Susan.
2. Peruse the catalog, select the family or families you wish to adopt and contact Susan by phone or email to confirm availability.
3. After confirmation purchase new items the family has requested from their “wish list”. Only large items like furniture and appliances may be gently used (check with Susan).
4. If you would like to deliver the gifts yourself, we will provide telephone numbers/addresses so you can contact the families and arrange delivery before December 21st.
5. If you prefer that we arrange delivery, please wrap, clearly mark and tag gifts with recipient name and family number and deliver to us at 13044 Marine Ave. 63146 between 7:00 am and 12:00 pm on December 11th or 12th. Families will pick up gifts from that location.
How You Can Help
1. Adopt a family or families. Individually, or with your family, friends, co-workers, club, church group, civic organization, you can make the difference for struggling county families.
2. Any donation, no matter how large or small, is needed and appreciated, especially canned goods, grocery store certificates, discount store certificates, cash.
3. Help us get the word out about the project.
4. Help us identify donors.
Contact: Susan Schafers, firstname.lastname@example.org, (314) 615-4558.