Spray Fountain Play Areas
There are two types of spray feature systems - older and newer:
Older Spray feature systems do not have timers and must be turned on and off by park staff. These spray features systems were originally installed to be used by the park day camp program and were operated by the staff. Shutoffs are usually located in a pit in the chase of the closest restroom.
Older spray features systems will be turned on at Noon (or a close reasonable time) by park operations when the reservation holder makes a request of Park Staff or Park Rangers. They will be turned off at 6 p.m. by Park Rangers.
Older Spray Feature Systems at Bohrer, Castlepoint and Mathilda-Welmering will be turned off by park operations staff when they return and find that the spray feature is not being used.
Newer spray feature systems have user activated systems and backup timers. The backup system helps insure that a user activated system does not malfunction and run all night. The timers should be set to turn the water on at Noon* and turn the water off at 6 p.m.
*Tilles Park should be set to turn on at 10 a.m.
- Creve Coeur Site #1-Main Shelter new spray feature: In an effort to conserve water this spray feature is only functional on Saturday, Sunday and holidays. It is user operated with an override shut-off. There is a sign directing patrons to Corporate Site #2 when this spray feature is not operational.
- Creve Coeur Site #2-Branwood Shelter new spray feature: This spray feature is available seven (7) days a week, Memorial Day through Labor Day. It is user operated with an override shut-off.
- Lemay - turned on and off manually by request only.
- Sylvan Springs - user operated with an override shut-off.
- Tilles - user operated with an override shut-off.