Spray Fountain Play Areas
There are two types of spray feature systems - older and newer:
Older Spray feature systems do not have timers and must be turned on and off by park staff. These spray features systems were originally installed to be used by the park day camp program and were operated by the staff. Shutoffs are usually located in a pit in the chase of the closest restroom.
Older spray features systems will be turned on at Noon (or a close reasonable time) by park operations when the reservation holder makes a request of Park Staff or Park Rangers. They will be turned off at 6 p.m. by Park Rangers.
Older Spray Feature Systems will be turned off by park operations staff when they return and find that the spray feature is not being used:
Bohrer - is not being turned on daily due to pond renovation. Pending construction progress, we may turn it on for reservation holders by request, on a case by case basis.
Mathilda-Welmering - Temporarily closed for repairs.
Newer spray feature systems have user activated systems and backup timers. The backup system helps insure that a user activated system does not malfunction and run all night. The timers should be set to turn the water on at 10 am and turn the water off at 8 pm.
NOTICE - Spray Pool at Creve Coeur Corporate Picnic Site 2 (rear playground) will be closed to repair a water leak. During this time, we will turn on the Spray Pool at the Brick Building playground, during the appropriate hours. Signs will be posted.
- Creve Coeur - Playground #1 new spray feature: In an effort to conserve water this spray feature is only functional on Saturday, Sunday and holidays. It is user operated with an override shut-off. There is a sign directing patrons to Corporate Site #2 when this spray feature is not operational.
- Creve Coeur - Branwood Shelter new spray feature: This spray feature is available seven (7) days a week, Memorial Day through Labor Day. It is user operated with an override shut-off.
- Lemay - Noon – 3 pm and then by request of reservation holders to be on longer.
- Sylvan Springs - 10 am - 8 pm and user operated with an override shut-off.
- Tilles - 10 am - 8 pm and user operated with an override shut-off.