HELP EXPAND, REPAIR OR MAINTAIN COUNTY PARKS TRAILS…
St. Louis County Parks needs your help! If you love the outdoors and want to improve the parks that you enjoy, come join us for one of the outdoor workdays! Meet new friends and enjoy the outdoors, while helping us to improve our trails. Come out for one day or several times a season. Everyone’s help is needed!
No experience needed, as volunteers will learn what is needed from experienced staff and Volunteer Crew Leaders. Share in a morning of improving St. Louis County Park trails by removing limbs and debris, tree trimming and general trail maintenance. We will supply instructions, tools and water.
Trail Crew on Saturdays – 9AM to 1PM
Help build new trails or extensions to existing trails or repair trails – limb removal, erosion control, tree trimming and general maintenance. We collaborate with GORC (Gateway Off-Road Cyclists) to design, build and maintain our trails---and lead all Trail Crew projects!
- October 4 Greensfelder Park (Eureka), Beulah Shelter
- October 25 Greensfelder Park (Eureka), Beulah Shelter
- November 8 Rock Hollow Trail (Wildwood), Al Foster Trail parking lot
- December 6 Rock Hollow Trail (Wildwood), Al Foster Trail parking lot
To register for above projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-615-8822 at least one week prior to project.
Honeysuckle Removal on Saturdays – 9 AM to 12 PM
Bush honeysuckle is destroying forest understory by blocking sunlight from other species. Be part of the solution by joining this initiative!
- October 18 Champ Park (Florissant), Champ Park gravel parking lot *in partnership with Missouri Forestkeepers Network
To register for above project, email email@example.com or call 314-615-8822 at least one week prior to project.