9565 Bellefontaine Road
Saint Louis, MO 63137
Bella Fontaine was originally dedicated in 1960 as an 11.8 acre site, purchased with 1959 Bond Issue Funds. St. Louis County acquired the additional 167 acres that now constitute the main area of the park site in September of 1972 using funds from the 1969 bond issue.
The 1986 Bond Issue provided $850,000 for the development of the Fountain Lake Softball Center, a high-quality softball complex designed with 6 fields, 4 of which are lighted for night-time play. The $1.1 million complex was funded through voter-approved bond issues and Land and Water Conservation Fund grants from 1988 and 1989. This facility was dedicated August 24, 1990 and was opened during the 1991 softball season.
Park Hours: 8 a.m. to one half hour past official sunset,
except when reservations are issued.