Lemay

236 Fannie Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63125
18.5 acres
(click here for directions to the park)



Lemay Park is located in a section of the River Des Peres flood plain originally developed as a residential neighborhood from the 1870s to about 1910. These buildings were purchased and removed following extensive damage in the Great Flood of 1993. The park turned a disaster into a community asset. It was dedicated in October, 1996 by Vice President Al Gore during his campaign for re-election. The properties were purchased and developed with 1993 and 1994 Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Funds (90%) and Community Development Funds. Park facilities have been specifically designed to withstand future flooding.




Park Hours: 8 a.m. to one half hour past official sunset, 
except when reservations are issued.


View Park Events

Park Closings:

(as of 9/19/17 9:35 am)

The restrooms at Lemay Park are closed for repair. Port-a-potties are in place. Shelter reservations are still available

Creve Coeur back loop playground water feature is shut down for the season. 

Riverside trail at Simpson is open, however there is a 50 ft. section at the eastern most end that had to be re-routed and the footing is sand and dirt. Also, users should be cautious of sand smears across trail after rain events.

Unger Park is open to the shelter parking lot, but the trail is closed beyond the riverside parking lot

Sherman Beach and Al Foster trails are passable but have areas with sand and debris on them

* The Bottomland Trail along Grant's Trail was severely damaged during periods of heavy rain. For safety reasons, this short trail has been closed. Plans are being developed to relocate the trail away from Gravois Creek.

* The east side of Cliff Cave Road including the field, River Bluff trail and Spring Valley trail are closed at Cliff Cave Park for Construction.




Reservable Site Photo Galleries

Lemay Amenities