Mathilda-Welmering

8301 Mathilda
Saint Louis, MO 63123
6 acres
(click here for directions to the park)




The Mathilda-Welmering Parksite was purchased in 1960 and opened in 1961 with funds from the 1959 Bond Issue. The name of the park comes from the two adjacent streets. Mathilda Avenue was named for the daughter of Fred L. Kerth, who owned and subdivided the original farm here. Mathilda Kerth married Walter R. Anderson and died in 1958. James B. and Alta Z. Welmering owned the land south of the park and laid out Welmering Street between 1938 and 1940.




Park Hours: 8 a.m. to one half hour past official sunset, 
except when reservations are issued.


View Park Events

Park Closings:


The Bottomland Trail along Grant's Trail was severely damaged during periods of heavy rain. For safety reasons, this short trail has been closed. Plans are being developed to relocate the trail away from Gravois Creek.


The east side of Cliff Cave Road including the field and River Bluff trail is closed for Construction.




Reservable Site Photo Galleries






Mathilda-Welmering Amenities