1150 Hanna Road
Saint Louis, MO 63011
Howard C. Ohlendorf donated the property to St. Louis County in 1971 and 1976. No deed restrictions exist. In 1985 the entrance road and parking lot were constructed. Funding was from the County’s Transportation Funds with the intent that the parking lot could function as a Bi-State Park and Ride site in addition to its normal park uses.
It should be noted that Mr. Ohlendorf has been very generous in his gifts to St. Louis County, including this park and the procurement of the Forest Park Highlands Carousel for St. Louis County.
In 1997 a new playground was constructed.
In 2011, a memorandum of understanding was signed to build a new Emergency Communication Commission building. In 2012, the Emergency Communications Commission’s (ECC) made special appropriations of $350,000 to pay for improvements at Ohlendorf West Park for playgrounds and trails in response to residents’ concerns.
Park Hours: 8 a.m. to one half hour past official sunset,
except when reservations are issued.