In 2008, St. Louis County Government's Trash District Implementation Team finalized its proposal to upgrade waste hauling services for one- and two-family homes and multi-family dwellings with individual curbside waste collection service in unincorporated residential neighborhoods. Key developments include:
- A total of eight trash districts have been established in unincorporated St. Louis County.
- Minimum level of service, including once-a-week trash removal, once a week recycling and twice-yearly bulk pickups, is now in effect.
As of October 3, 2011, a new, five-year contract began for waste services in unincorporated St. Louis County. Customers in waste districts 1 and 8 are now being serviced by Allied Waste. Customers in waste district 4 are now being serviced by IESI. Customers in these districts were sent materials from the trash hauler indicating new pick up days and instruction on subscribing to optional services. All other waste districts will continue to be serviced by your current hauler. Please see below for new pricing in each district. Questions regarding pricing and optional services such as yard waste collection should be directed to your trash hauler.
2011-2016 New District Pricing
What Trash District do I live in?
(Link takes you to St. Louis County Department of Revenue page. Type in your address and click on your locator ID to find out your Trash District)
- The new contract for waste services that started on October 3, requires the hauler to provide a replacement recycling cart at no charge or rental to the resident. For detailed information on the recycling cart program click here
- For more opportunities on how to keep St. Louis County Clean, Green and Beautiful, click here.
- In the case of inclement weather, for the safety of the residents of St. Louis County, there is a chance that your trash hauler may delay their weekly pickup. During these times, please contact your hauler directly to find out updated route schedules.
- Click here for the current Holiday route schedules for all Districts.
- Click here for the St. Louis County contracted trash haulers contact information
- Recycling Information from St. Louis County Health Department, including holiday recycling, computers and electronic device recycling,and other recycling opportunities.
- Trash Collection and Recycling District Map- A map of the eight districts for unincorporated area trash collection and recycling.
- Subdivision "Opt In" Form- Subdivisions that may have previously "Opted Out" of the Trash Districting Program now have the option to "Opt In". Once a subdivision has "Opted In" to the Trash Districting Program they may not "Opt Out" again. Fill out this "Opt In" form and send in to participate.
- Note on Opting In - Subdivisions must give at least a 30 day notice of Opt In prior to collection start date. For more questions on Opting In, call 615-HAUL.