During the booking process all money in a new inmate's possession is deposited in a cash account fund for them. Additional money may be deposited in an inmates' account by family and friends, while incarcerated. There are several options to choose from:
Note: Effective August 23, 2010, the St. Louis County Department of Justice Services will no longer take cash at the bonding window for inmate fund accounts. In an effort to improve the efficiencies and security regarding inmate deposits, Access Secure Deposits and Justice Services now offers the following payment options to choose from for family and friends of Justice Service Inmates.
Access Secure Deposits Options:
- Visit www.inmatedeposits.com and easily send money to your loved one through the website
- Call Access Secure Deposits Toll-Free at 1-866-345-1884
- Visit the Access Secure Deposits Kiosk located in our lobby prior to or after your visit to deposit funds into an account using cash, debit, or credit card
- Visit your local Western Union Quick Collect
*Fees do apply to all deposits
- Only the following deposits are accepted via mail: cashier's checks, money orders, and traveler's checks. These must be made payable to St.Louis County Department of Justice Services.
- Personal checks will not be accepted for deposit into an inmate's account for any reason and will be returned to the sender. In addition, Cash should not be sent through the mail.
- The inmate's name and master number must be placed in the memo section of the money order and/or cashier's check.
- The eligibility of government checks (e.g. welfare, social security, supplemental security income, and unemployment) to be deposited in an inmates' account will be determined by the Unit Manager. Non-eligible government checks will be returned to the sender.
- Inmates will receive a receipt when money is received via the mail option. All other deposited funds can be viewed by the inmate on the housing unit kiosk via the Account History option.
When sending funds through the mail, you should address the envelope as follows:
Inmate's Name/Inmate Master Number
Floor-Housing Unit-Cell number (example-4-B-26)
P.O. Box 16060
Clayton, Missouri 63105