Who Can Register:
Be a U.S. citizen
Must be 17 1/2 years of age (18 years old by Election Day)
Be a resident of St. Louis County
To register to vote, you must meet the following qualifications:
Where to Register:
There are several different options to register to vote in St. Louis County:
1. The St. Louis County Election Board located at 725 Northwest Plaza Dr., St. Ann MO, 63074.
2. Most city halls
3. Most libraries
4. Most schools and Special School District facilities
5. Most local branches of the Junior College District, Universities and Colleges
6. Various businesses, union halls and churches within St. Louis County
7. All County Department of Motor Vehicle registration offices
8. All State offices providing public assistance while conducting other official business at their establishment.
State election laws also provide for registration by:
1. Mail by going to the Secretary of State's website and requesting an application to be
2. Online by going to the Secretary of State's website and filling in the application.
When to Notify the Election Board to Update Your Information
- Notify the Election Board if there is a legal name change either in person or in writing.
- Notify the Election Board if there is a change in address either in person or in writing. ALL address changes must be submitted to the Election Board by the 4th Wednesday before an election to make sure you receive your Notice of Election and that you can vote at the correct Polling Place.
Any person moving into St. Louis County is considered a new registration and must re-register by the deadline date prior to each election. (
Example: If you move from St. Louis City to St. Louis County, you must re-register as your City registration does not automatically carry over into a new Jurisdiction.)
Please contact the Election Board for any additional registration information by calling (314) 615-1800.
A political party preference is only required when requesting a ballot for a Primary Election.