Please be aware that all department facilities will be closed on Monday, May 30th, 2016 in observance of Memorial Day.

Let us know how we’re doing! Call our Customer Service Feedback Line at
314-615-SERV (7378)!

Contact your Department of Public Health

Follow your Department of Public Health on Facebook or Twitter

Animal Controll Animal and Mosquito Control Services

Lost pets, adoptable pets, rat and mosquito control, presentations, and more

Click here to view our adoptable pets:

Dog and Cat

Introducing an Interactive Lost & Found Pet Website!

Stl Lost Pets

Saint Louis County’s Animal Care and Control program has relocated to our new facility at 10521 Baur Boulevard in Olivette (Map). Thank you for your patience as we settle into our new location. Please call 314-615-0650 if you have any questions. This facility consolidates services in one convenient central location. The former North County and South County facilities are closed.


Saint Louis County Animal Care and Control Services have a big job - to assure that pets and people live together in safety and harmony - and that ALL pets receive proper care and housing. As part of your Public Health Department, Animal Control officers are in action every day, handling many routine as well as emergency situations with pets and wild animals.

One of the most important things that Animal Control officers do is investigate animal bites. Rabies is transmitted by wild and domestic animal bites and is usually fatal. Officers place animals that have bitten people under observation to ensure the threat of rabies is reduced.

Click here to request more information.

Be sure to report ALL animal bites.

Click here to report an animal bite.

Please include address and phone number.

For any animal related emergencies (including bats within the living areas of the home) outside of normal business hours, Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. please call the after hour police nonemergency line at (636) 529-8210.

Volunteer Program

Saint Louis County Animal Care and Control is very excited to announce the launch of our new Volunteer Program. Through the dedication and passion of Volunteers we look forward to enhancing the lives of the animals we care for and the community we serve. We are looking for all types of volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering please fill out an application (hosted on a separate site).

Animal Control Shelter & Pet Adoption Center

Animal Control authorities operate a shelter and adoption programs to protect and find homes for many unwanted animals. If you are interested in adopting an animal or have an animal that you can no longer keep, call (314) 615-0650 or come in for information. Our Pet Adoption Center is open 7 days a week for adoption and lost pet services—Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays & Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  The Animal Control licensing and surrender office is only open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and is closed on weekends and Holidays.

Saint Louis County Pet Adoption Center

10521 Baur Boulevard
Olivette, MO 63132

John C. Murphy

Spaying and Neutering

Along with Saint Louis area veterinarians and the Humane Society, Animal Control strongly encourages that all pets be spayed or neutered to prevent the birth of unwanted litters. Spaying and neutering pets is a big part of being a responsible pet owner. Unwanted and uncontrolled animals threaten and bite people. They spread disease, destroy property, cause accidents, and suffer from neglect - as well as produce millions of unwanted offspring across the nation. Animal Control authorities have to make hard decisions every day about unclaimed pets. Way too many pets are euthanized each year. County residents can make a difference by being responsible pet owners.

The Saint Louis County Public Health Department also runs a Reduced Cost Spay/Neuter Program to assist those who might otherwise have a financial difficulty having their pet altered.

Your Pet's “Free Phone Call Home” 

The Rabies Identification tag can be your pet's Free Phone Call Home”.

Hundreds of thousands of pets are vaccinated and registered by pet owners, area veterinarians and your Animal Control Services. Dogs and cats are required to be vaccinated for rabies. As this is done, veterinarians issue a Rabies Identification Tag which should immediately be put on your pet's collar. An identifying microchip can also be injected painlessly under a pet's fur. It serves as a backup identification method, since it can be read with a special scanner even if your pet loses its collar and tag.

If pets are found by Animal Control officers, tag numbers or microchip numbers are immediately checked in our computer to reunite lost pets with their owners. Pets can't tell authorities where they live - and tags serve as your pet's Free Phone Call Home!  This is the most important thing you can do for your pet.

If you've lost a pet - post signs, talk to mail carriers and children in the neighborhood, and check all animal shelters and other animal holding areas.

What else do Animal Control Officers do?


Animal Control officers enforce ordinances such as leash laws, vaccination requirements and registration of many types of non-domestic animals. They investigate nuisance situations and assure humane treatment of animals.


Brochures are available on animal control laws and others services. Officers can visit your school or group for an informational presentation on responsible pet care and the responsibilities of their job.

The Animal Control staff can do presentations for:
County schools, neighborhood groups and service groups.

Topics: Nuisance Animals, Animal Bites, and Living with Wildlife. Each presentation includes a
5-minute video and a question & answer period.

To schedule a presentation or a tour of our shelter,

Call (314) 615-0650.

Videotapes are available for $5 each from the shelter at

10521 Baur Boulevard, Olivette, MO 63132. Video topics include:

Triangle Services of Animal Control
Triangle How to be a Responsible Pet Owner (for Children)

For more information contact your DPH Animal Services Manager.