Faust Park

15185 Olive Boulevard 
Chesterfield, MO 63017



Park Hours
8 a.m. - 30 minutes past sunset

General Information / History
Welcome to Faust Park, one of St. Louis County’s most unique parks. Several separate foundations and organizations work together to create and maintain that uniqueness. The park was created in 1968 through the generosity of Leicester & Mary Plant Faust who donated the property, nearly 200 acres in the heart of Chesterfield. It was their intention to forever preserve the original estate of Missouri’s second governor, Frederick Bates. 

Click here for more history on Faust Park

Features & Amenities
 + Thornhill Grounds
Built ca. 1819 for Missouri’s second governor, Frederick Bates, Thornhill is the oldest standing governor’s home in Missouri and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The estate consists of a number of restored and recreated structures, including a detached kitchen and three barns. For more information, click here.


 + Historic Village
The Historic Village at Faust Park includes four homes and 14 additional structures representing a variety of building and architectural styles, from log to brick. All of which have been saved from demolition and preserved by Park staff. Spanning a period from 1840 to 1910, the Village provides a context in which the lifestyles of the settlers of St. Louis County and the skills they used to survive are illustrated. For more information, click here.


 + Reservable Covered Picnic Shelter
Faust Park has a reservable covered picnic shelter that holds up to 150 people. It is located close to parking, the playground and restroom and near the entrance to the Historic Village. The Butterfly House and St. Louis Carousel are close by. Cost is $150 per day. Click ONLINE RESERVATIONS or call 314-615-4FUN.

 + Playground
 + Picnic Sites
 + Trail

 + St. Louis Carousel
 + Butterfly House

Educational Programs & Activities
The history staff at Faust Park offers a variety of educational programs and guided tours for all ages and abilities. Our most popular program is the four-hour “Farmsteading at Thornhill”. Many students call this their favorite field trip despite the fact that they are performing physical chores expected of a 19th century child.

Fall registration begins after March 1 and Spring registration begins after August 1; rates and descriptions are available on our website. For more information or to schedule field trips and tours, call (314) 615-8336 or email THoff@stlouisco.com.

Guided Tours
Guided tours of historic areas are $4/person (minimum of 10 people) and are available on weekdays by appointment only. Call (314) 615-8336 or email THoff@stlouisco.com for more information.

Events
Faust Park hosts a variety of events including open houses, Parks Food Truck Fest, Summer Concert Series, Tea with Nancy and Olden Days of Summer that is perfect for kids!

Later in the season are History Hayrides and the Faust Heritage Festival which is held in September. Visit our events calendar for a full listing of events!


 




View Park Events

Park Postings:

(as of 11/02/17 10:55 a.m.)


  * The restrooms at Lemay Park are closed for repair. Port-a-potties are in place. Shelter reservations are still available.

*Riverside trail at Simpson is open, however there is a 50 ft. section at the eastern most end that had to be re-routed and the footing is sand and dirt. Also, users should be cautious of sand smears across trail after rain events.

* Unger Park is open to the shelter parking lot, but the trail is closed beyond the riverside parking lot

* Sherman Beach and Al Foster trails are passable but have areas with sand and debris on them

* The Bottomland Trail along Grant's Trail was severely damaged during periods of heavy rain. For safety reasons, this short trail has been closed. Plans are being developed to relocate the trail away from Gravois Creek.

* The east side of Cliff Cave Road including the field, River Bluff trail and Spring Valley trail are closed at Cliff Cave Park for Construction.