Jefferson Barracks Museums
Jefferson Barracks Historic Site
345 North Road
Saint Louis, MO 63125
The park museums are open Noon to 4pm Wed - Sun.
Admission is free but a donation is suggested.
All donations go to the Friends of Jefferson Barracks and are used in part to help preserve this historic site and its buildings.
Admission fees to special events may apply.
Guided tours by are appointment only.
For accessibility accommodations, call 314-544-5714 or 800-735-2966 TTY
Old Ordnance Room
Free admission. ($3 Suggested Donation)
A new exhibition entitled Courageous and Faithful; The Cavalry at Jefferson Barracks (sponsored by Emerson) will open at Jefferson Barracks Historic Park Old Ordnance Room March 7th 2015.
STL Today Article - Brave cavalry rides again at Jefferson Barracks exhibit
Powder Magazine Museum
Free admission. (Donations accepted)
The Powder Magazine Museum displays St. Louis County Parks’ core collection of artifacts that tell the story of the history of Jefferson Barracks from its inception in 1826 until its closure in 1946.
Free admission. (Donations accepted.)
The Jefferson Barracks Visitor Center houses the parks gift shop and information center as well as period special events and rentals.
Laborers House and Ordnance Stable
The Laborers House and Ordnance Stable were built in 1851. The house was for civilian laborers that handled the movement and storage of powder and ordance here at Jefferson Barracks. After the Civil War the ordance keeper and his family lived here.