Adopt A Pet
The Saint Louis County Pet Adoption Center may have the dog or cat you’ve been looking for! Enter your search criteria below and look through the pictures of our adoptable pets, or come to the shelter and meet all the adorable pets that are looking for a family to bring them home.
You can adopt any pet from the Pet Adoption Center for only $40!!! Your new best friend will have been spayed or neutered, received all age-appropriate vaccinations, and will have an identifying microchip.
- Adopters must be 18 years of age and apply in person
- Bring a valid driver’s license or state issued ID card.
- If you rent, make sure you are permitted to have pets at your residence. Many landlords will have breed restrictions and require a pet deposit. Make sure you have paid that deposit.
- The adoption process begins with completing the Adoption Interest Questionnaire and an interview with one of our Adoption Counselors.
- This is a screening process and additional information and/or applications may be required.
- The Adoption Counselor will help match you with the right pet given your family’s needs and lifestyle.
- Please allow sufficient time to get acquainted with the pets as well as complete the adoption questionnaire and interview.
- A meet and greet is strongly recommended when adopting a dog if one already lives in the home but is not required.
The adoption fee is $40.00 for all pets, and we accept cash, check, and credit card.
Pet Adoption Center Services
- Completed spay/neuter surgery
- Age appropriate vaccinations
- Microchip identification
- Heartworm test
- Feline leukemia test for cats
- Collar and leash (when available)