Nurse-Family Partnership - FAQs
(Click on Children's Service Fund image to learn more about the Children's Service Fund)
Frequently Asked Questions about the Program
What is the Nurse-Family Partnership Building Blocks Program?
The Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a specially trained nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is two (2) years old.
How much does the program cost?
The Nurse-Family Partnership is FREE, confidential, and voluntary for all eligible women!
How often will my nurse visit?
Your nurse will visit every week or two during your pregnancy and up until your baby is two (2) years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule.
What does my nurse do?
Your nurse helps you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in your community
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills
- Set goals for your family’s future and find ways to help you reach them.
Who can enroll in the program?
Any woman who:
- Is less than 28 weeks pregnant with her first child
- Meets income requirements (qualifies for Medicaid and/or WIC)
- Is a resident of Saint Louis County or City
Is this program evidence-based?
Yes. The Nurse-Family Partnership has been carefully tested during almost 30 years of ongoing, longitudinal, randomized trials. These scientifically controlled studies have found consistent and dramatic benefits for first-time, low-income mothers and their children. For further information, please visit the national website at: www.nursefamilypartnership.org
How do I enroll, refer someone, or just learn more?
For additional information, to refer someone, or to enroll, please call (314) 679-7871.
The Nurse-Family Partnership Building Blocks program is funded by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and is located at:
North Central Community Health Center
4000 Jennings Station Road
Saint Louis, MO 63121