||Instructions for Opening a New Food Establishment
Safe Food Center
- Submit the following for all new establishments:
Upon completion of the plan review, you will receive written notification approving or denying the plans as submitted.
Your establishment will receive a minimum of two (2) inspections. Prior to opening, a construction/plan review inspection will be conducted, by a Plan Review Engineer, at the establishment to ensure compliance with the Saint Louis County Food Code and the approved plans.
An operational/opening inspection will be conducted by an Environmental Representative once construction/plan review inspection and approval are obtained. After the operational/opening inspection is completed, your Environmental Representative will advise you if you are permitted to open.
- Submit one set of plans prepared by an architect or engineer
- Completed Plan Review Application (accompanied by a $210 fee)
- Health Permit Application (accompanied by a $130 fee)
- Equipment specification/cut sheets
Approximate time for plan review and approval – 20 working days