2012 Healthy Living Poster Contest
In 2012, the Saint Louis County Department of Health sponsored a Healthy Living Poster/Slogan Contest for County students in grades K-12. The purpose of the contest was to encourage students to spread messages to their peers that promote a healthy lifestyle. Posters could highlight any of the three following healthy choices:
- alcohol, tobacco, and drug free living
- the importance of physical activity
- the importance of healthy food choices every day
Ten amazing entries were selected from the hundreds of submissions and the artwork was made into large posters to display in the schools and at community events around the County. Winning students were presented with their poster and a certificate of appreciation for their work. You can click on a poster title to see their amazing artwork.
Thank you to the teachers, school faculty, and D.A.R.E. officers who assisted in promoting the contest to students. The contest provides an opportunity for the Saint Louis County Department of Health to collaborate with schools throughout the county to promote Healthy Living. We would like to give a special thanks to all of the contest participants for their creative artwork and healthy living messages.
The Saint Louis County Department of Health offers:
- Consultations and resources on health education for schools and community groups. Call 314-615-0555 for more information.
- Educational materials for health promotions, public events and festivals.
- Information about all forms of tobacco use, healthy food choices and physical activity.
2012 Healthy Living Contest Winners:
(Click on a title above to download the high resolution image.)