Spray Fountain Play Areas
There are two types of spray feature systems - older and newer and all are open to the public Memorial Day through Labor Day each year.
Older Spray feature systems do not have timers and must be turned on and off by park staff. These spray features systems were originally installed to be used by the park day camp program and were operated by the staff. Shutoffs are usually located in a pit in the chase of the closest restroom.
Older spray features systems will be turned on at Noon (or a close reasonable time) by park operations when the reservation holder makes a request of Park Staff or Park Rangers. They will be turned off at 6 p.m. by Park Rangers.
Older Spray Feature Systems will be turned off by park operations staff when they return and find that the spray feature is not being used:
Newer spray feature systems have user activated systems (push buttons) operating 10 am to 8 pm.
- Creve Coeur - Branwood Shelter (north end of Streetcar Drive) - 10am - 8pm and is activated by an on-site sensor.
- Creve Coeur - next to GoApe - In an effort to conserve water this spray feature is only functional on Saturday, Sunday and holidays. 10am - 8pm and is activated by an on-site sensor. When not in operation, there is a sign directing patrons further down Streetcar Drive to the other spray feature.
- Sylvan Springs - 10 am - 8 pm and activated by an on-site sensor.
- Tilles - 10 am - 8 pm and activated by an on-site sensor.
- Castlepoint - 10 am - 8 pm and activated by an on-site push button.