St. Louis County Park Trails
Looking for a new way to experience your neighborhood park? With over 144 miles of trails, St. Louis County Parks has so much to offer you, your family and even your furry friends! We offer trails ranging from rugged dirt paths through the woods, to smooth paved paths that circle our fabulous park grounds! Whether you are a thrill-seeker, an adventurer, or simply going for an afternoon stroll, there’s a trail for that. Which trail will you discover?
Interested in hiking or biking? Hop on over to our 30/30 HIKES or 10/10 BIKES pages to learn more about both of these awesome programs!
The rules listed below as well as rules specific for an individual trail will be posted at the trailhead(s) as well as included in trail literature.
- Approved trail uses will be posted.
- Trails may only be used at times when the park is officially open per County ordinance.
- Motorized vehicles (except maintenance and emergency types) are prohibited.
- Individuals using a trail shall move at a speed that does not endanger the life or property of another user. Individuals shall not impede the flow of traffic on a trail.
- On trails with lane markings, individuals shall remain on the right and pass on the left.
- Trails may be closed for general public use for authorized special events, construction, hazardous weather or natural condition. Upon closure the trail will be properly posted. The trail will be reopened as soon as feasible.
- All trail users yield to equestrians. Bicycles and roller sports yield to pedestrians.
- Painting or marking of trees, stones, etc. is prohibited. Nailing into trees is prohibited.
- Trail repair or improvement work may only be completed by personnel authorized by the park supervisor and may include volunteers under department supervision.
- Users must alert others when passing from behind.
- Helmets are required for anyone under the age of seventeen (17) on all wheeled conveyances per County Ordinance 616.175 and recommended for all bikers.