Department of Planning
Department of Planning Service changes:
Please note that all Permit questions should be directed to Public Works 314 615-5184.
In-person/face to face services at 41 S. Central have resumed; planners are in the office daily and working remotely. There are two ways to meet with a planner in person.
1. Walk-ins - Please check in at Window #1 after you go through Security and Temperature Checks. Please bring an address or other information regarding the matter you wish to speak about.
2. By appointment - Please call the Department if you want to meet regarding rezoning or subdividing your property, or seeking a zoning variance. At your scheduled time, please proceed to Window #1 after you go through Security and Temperature checks. Let them know you have arrived for the appointment.
Plans and documents may be submitted to the Planning Department drop box at 41 S. Central, street level.
When documents and/or plans are ready for pick up, customers will be contacted and the information will be placed in the pick up box at 41 S. Central, street level.
Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Adjustment public meetings are being held via WEBEX teleconference. Instructions for participating in or viewing these meeting will be posted as meetings are scheduled.
The Board of Zoning Adjustment will meet August 12, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. via WebEx teleconference.
Click Here to Register for the August 12 Board of Zoning Adjustment Meeting.
Instructions for joining the BZA WEBEX Meeting are available here.
The Planning Commission will hold a Public
on Monday, August 10, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. via WebEx Teleconference. On August 10, click here to join the Public Hearing.
Instructions for joining the August 10 WEBEX Meeting are available here.
Call with questions at 314.615.2520
Planners will be working from remotely and in the office and checking email and voice mail regularly through-out the day.
Debi Salberg 314.615.5464
Jacob Trimble 314.615.7852 [email protected]
Mel Wilson 314.615.7859 [email protected]
Doug May 314.615.2507 [email protected]
Debbie Nesbit 314.615.2518 [email protected]
Gail Choate 314 615-7847 [email protected]
The Department of Planning provides both countywide services as well as municipal-type services to the unincorporated areas of St. Louis County. Our primary duties include:
- Administer the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance
- Staff the St. Louis County Planning Commission and St. Louis County Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Review site plans and subdivision plats
- Promote citizen engagement
- Assess boundary issues before the Boundary Commission
What would you like to do?