ST. LOUIS COUNTY (March 13, 2020) –The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in St. Louis County was on March 7, 2020 and the second presumed positive will be sent to the Centers for Disease Control Prevention for confirmation testing. Please note, the second presumptive case is not related to the first.
Anyone identified during the investigation as a close contact or at risk of exposure to this patient will be contacted directly by the St. Louis County Department of Public Health.
Anyone experiencing symptoms of a fever, cough or difficulty breathing and have reason to believe they have encountered a person infected with COVID-19 should call the St. Louis County Health Line at 314-615-2660. For general questions and guidance contact the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services hotline at 877-435-8411 or dial 2-1-1. More information can be found on stlcorona.com.
The St. Louis County Department of Public Health asks that our community continues to be aggressive with social distancing and community mitigation measures in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing
- Act on community mitigation measures
- Wash your hands often throughout the day with warm water and soap. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.